Friday, January 15, 2010

Library Visit

I've just posted three times in a row in the space of thirty minutes. I only do that because I have something separate to say about each subject. What will follow is a list of the books I just got from the library; scroll down to read about The Republic Books I-II by Plato and The Lump of Coal by Lemony Snicket and Brett Helquist.

The first three books, I found sitting in the front of the library. The first Great Book is in order to read my next selection; the second contains Berkeley, who I want to read since he's my namesake. None of these are my next book, though-- that would be the last book from my last library run, Maureen Johnson's 13 Little Blue Envelopes.

The books are:
Curiosities of Literature: A Feast for Book Lovers (John Sutherland)
How NOT to Write a Novel: 200 Classic Mistakes and How to Avoid Them -- A Misstep-by-Misstep Guide (Howard Mittelmark and Sandra Newman)
How Barack Obama Won: A State-by-State Guide to the Historic 2008 Presidential Election (Chuck Todd and Sheldon Gawiser)
Great Books of the Western World: Volume 9 (Aristotle)
GBWW: Volume 35 (Locke, Berkeley, Hume)

It's less likely that I'll finish these because they're nonfiction, but I'll give them a shot, and make my best effort at least on the Great Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment